Join Our Oral Surgery Team!
We are always looking for new applicants to join our growing team in Gresham, The Dalles, and Milwaukie, OR and Vancouver, WA. If you are interested in learning more about the employment opportunities available in our practice, please check out the listings below and contact one of our offices if you have any questions about the positions. We look forward to meeting you!
Reports to: Practice Manager or Office Manager
- Follow OSHA & HIPAA standards
- Prepare rooms, documents, and patients for surgery
- Clean and maintain surgical instruments and equipment
- Notify assistant in charge of ordering of needed supplies
- Help patients feel comfortable during their appointment
- Input patient information into the computer, update implant tracking, and route financial forms
- Suction, pass instruments, or support patient’s airway during surgery
- Be knowledgeable and able to perform all aspects of patient consultation appointments
- Complete thorough and accurate charting
- Call in or give patients written prescriptions as directed by the doctor
- Coordinate necessary medical information with patient’s primary care physician
- Train new assistants
- Complete beginning and end of day check-off list tasks
- Complete monthly check-off list tasks
Individual assistants will be assigned specific secondary duties (per office locations) which may include:
- Ordering: See job description
- Drug expiration check: One assistant will ensure that each month a different assistant checks the expiration of all medications.
- IV drug preparation: One assistant will draw medications used for IV surgeries and the “Emergency Drug Box” found in each room. One other assistant will be designated as a back up to draw drugs when the primary assistant is not in the office.
- OSHA: One assistant will maintain the MSDS book and label secondary containers.
The followed certificates and training are required:
- Beacon OMS assistant training assessment
- Oregon Radiologic Certification
- State of Washington Assistant Registration (updated annually)
- DAANCE certification
- Annual ACLS certification
- OSHA and HIPAA required training
Interested applicants can submit their cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.