General Tooth Extractions
Safe and Easy Tooth Removal To Protect Oral Health
Adult teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but injury, disease, or orthodontic reasons may require a tooth be extracted. The board-certified oral surgeons at Beacon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons regularly perform safe and comfortable dental extractions at all of our offices located in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA.
Reasons for Needing a Tooth Extracted
When teeth become damaged by decay or break down due to trauma or wear, they can sometimes be restored with a filling, root canal, or crown. When the damage is too great, your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon to have the tooth removed. Most tooth extractions can be performed in one surgical visit. Prior to your surgical appointment, you will meet with Dr. Lieblick or Dr. Rehrer, who will take 3D scans of your mouth and discuss your options for anesthesia.
Some common reasons that a tooth may need to be extracted include:
- Infection and decay. If a tooth is decayed, it is important to have it treated in the early stages when it can be repaired with a dental filling. If left untreated, decay continues to grow and affect the integrity of your tooth, which may require root canal therapy, a crown, or extraction.
- Loose teeth. Many patients are affected by periodontal or gum disease. When left untreated, periodontal disease may cause teeth to shift, become loose, or lead to serious infection.
- Crowding. There are times when seemingly healthy teeth need to be removed. When a young patient retains their baby teeth for too long, the dentist may recommend they be removed to aid the eruption of permanent teeth. Occasionally we are born with too many teeth, or our mouth is too small for all the teeth we have. In these instances, your orthodontist may recommend that a tooth be removed.
- Facial trauma. Teeth may be fractured or broken due to an accident. If there isn’t enough structure remaining for a filling or crown, your dentist may recommend that the rest of the tooth be removed.
When you visit Beacon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons at our office in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA, Dr. Lieblick and Dr. Rehrer will perform an examination to assess your oral health. Our staff will take 3D scans of your mouth to get a detailed look at your teeth and bone structure. Many patients are comfortable with only local anesthesia during an extraction, but we offer many anesthesia and sedation options to choose from.
Learn About Tooth Restorations Options in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA
Tooth Replacement Options After Extraction
You have options for restoring your tooth after it has been extracted. We will discuss all of your tooth restoration options with you before your surgical appointment.
- Dental Implants. A dental implant fuses to the jaw bone, replicating the appearance, function, and health benefits of a natural tooth.
- Full-Arch Restoration. If many teeth were extracted, or you are in need of a complete new set of teeth, we can use as few as four dental implant posts to support a fixed denture.
- No Replacement. If you do not replace a missing tooth, the jaw bone will deteriorate over time due to lack of stimulation. This can cause other teeth to shift out of position and result in sagging facial features.
Types of Anesthesia
We offer several options for anesthesia to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Hear From General Tooth Extractions Patients
These patients can tell you about the firsthand experience undergoing general tooth extractions at our office.
Reviews From Our General Tooth Extractions Patients
Mason Reviews His General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"My name’s Mason, and I’m from Washougal in Washington. I came to Beacon to get my tooth pulled out. My mom is a(n) assistant here. The team made me feel really comfortable. I didn’t feel a thing when they pulled my tooth out. If I had a friend that needed to get their tooth pulled, I would tell them to come here. It’s a cool place, and they do a great job. I give Beacon two thumbs up."
Naomi Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Hi, my name is Naomi. I live in Oregon City, and I came to Beacon Oral Surgeons to have some teeth extracted for my braces. The day that I came in for my procedure to have my teeth extracted, I was a little nervous, and once I got in the room and they started the procedure, they walked me through things before it started, and it made me calm my nerves a little bit and I wasn’t as nervous. Then, just throughout it, it went really well. During my recovery, I recovered really quickly, and they called and checked in and made sure everything was going well. I have friends that live in Redland, Beaver Creek, Clackamas, Molalla area, and I would always recommend them to come to Beacon Oral Surgeons for any teeth procedures that they would need."
Cannon Reviews His General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Dr. Rehrer took my tooth out. The staff was really nice. Dr. Rehrer was really easy to work with. I had a great time, and he made it really easy. I’d give Dr. Rehrer two million stars. Come see Dr. Rehrer. He’s the best!"
Paige Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Hi, my name is Paige. I came to Dr. Lieblick to get some of my teeth extracted for braces, and he was really nice, and he made me feel comfortable around him because of how nice he was, and how he was telling me what they were going to do and how they were going to do it. The staff was really good! They were really nice, and they helped me a lot, because they were there so that way, they could calm me down if anything happened. They were just really nice and fun to be with. The recovery was really quick, and it was pretty good, because after I recovered, they sent something in the mail that said, “Hopefully, you recovered fast,” and they appreciated me being there with them, and it was really nice."
Joan Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"My name is Joan, I’m from Vancouver, and I came to Beacon Oral Surgeons for an extraction and implant. As soon as I walked in the door, the girls at the front desk knew that I was nervous, but they put me at ease right away. Dr. Rehrer is funny, so he puts you at ease also. He explains what he’s doing, and the next thing you know, he’s done. My procedure went very smoothly. No complications, everything was good. If anybody needed an extraction, implants, wisdom teeth extracted, I would most definitely recommend Beacon."
Experience Outstanding Oral Surgery Care
Prepare for your first visit, learn about our services, and more.