General Tooth Extractions
Safe and Easy Tooth Removal To Protect Oral Health
Adult teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but injury, disease, or orthodontic reasons may require a tooth be extracted. The board-certified oral surgeons at Beacon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons regularly perform safe and comfortable dental extractions at all of our offices located in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA.
Reasons for Needing a Tooth Extracted
When teeth become damaged by decay or break down due to trauma or wear, they can sometimes be restored with a filling, root canal, or crown. When the damage is too great, your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon to have the tooth removed. Most tooth extractions can be performed in one surgical visit. Prior to your surgical appointment, you will meet with Dr. Lieblick or Dr. Rehrer, who will take 3D scans of your mouth and discuss your options for anesthesia.
Some common reasons that a tooth may need to be extracted include:
- Infection and decay. If a tooth is decayed, it is important to have it treated in the early stages when it can be repaired with a dental filling. If left untreated, decay continues to grow and affect the integrity of your tooth, which may require root canal therapy, a crown, or extraction.
- Loose teeth. Many patients are affected by periodontal or gum disease. When left untreated, periodontal disease may cause teeth to shift, become loose, or lead to serious infection.
- Crowding. There are times when seemingly healthy teeth need to be removed. When a young patient retains their baby teeth for too long, the dentist may recommend they be removed to aid the eruption of permanent teeth. Occasionally we are born with too many teeth, or our mouth is too small for all the teeth we have. In these instances, your orthodontist may recommend that a tooth be removed.
- Facial trauma. Teeth may be fractured or broken due to an accident. If there isn’t enough structure remaining for a filling or crown, your dentist may recommend that the rest of the tooth be removed.
When you visit Beacon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons at our office in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA, Dr. Lieblick and Dr. Rehrer will perform an examination to assess your oral health. Our staff will take 3D scans of your mouth to get a detailed look at your teeth and bone structure. Many patients are comfortable with only local anesthesia during an extraction, but we offer many anesthesia and sedation options to choose from.
Learn About Tooth Restorations Options in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA
Tooth Replacement Options After Extraction
You have options for restoring your tooth after it has been extracted. We will discuss all of your tooth restoration options with you before your surgical appointment.
- Dental Implants. A dental implant fuses to the jaw bone, replicating the appearance, function, and health benefits of a natural tooth.
- Full-Arch Restoration. If many teeth were extracted, or you are in need of a complete new set of teeth, we can use as few as four dental implant posts to support a fixed denture.
- No Replacement. If you do not replace a missing tooth, the jaw bone will deteriorate over time due to lack of stimulation. This can cause other teeth to shift out of position and result in sagging facial features.
Types of Anesthesia
We offer several options for anesthesia to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Hear From General Tooth Extractions Patients
These patients can tell you about the firsthand experience undergoing general tooth extractions at our office.
Reviews From Our General Tooth Extractions Patients
Mirabelle Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Hi! My name is Mirabelle, and I’m from Battle Ground, Washington. I came to see Dr. Rehrer to have some teeth extracted. Everyone’s very nice. They help you out a lot, very welcoming, and they were really sweet. Dr. Rehrer is really nice. He tells you what’s going to happen, and what’s going on. My procedure went great. I had a really great time with Dr. Rehrer. Out of five stars, I would give Dr. Rehrer five stars. Come see Dr. Rehrer and Dr. Lieblick, they’re the best! "
Maira Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"I'm Maira, and I'm from The Dalles, Oregon. I went in because I have six baby teeth that have never fallen out. Well, three did, so I had to get three dental implants because I didn't have adult teeth come in. Never been under or anything, never had any IVs put it in, so yeah, I was pretty nervous. I went in, they got me...I was out, and then I woke up, and I was ready to go, so I didn't have any...I wasn't hurting. It was great. So I got the bone grafting done first; I would say that was probably more...that probably hurt a little bit more, but then after six months of having it healed, I got the actual posts put in. At first, it was quite a little bit of an adjustment, but afterwards, I can't tell. It's great. Okay, Dr. Lieblick actually impressed me. I've never had a doctor call me after my surgery; it was that same day he called me. The next day, he did it again, so that's outstanding service. They're awesome; I referred a couple friends, and I'll do it again."
Paige Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Hi, my name is Paige. I came to Dr. Lieblick to get some of my teeth extracted for braces, and he was really nice, and he made me feel comfortable around him because of how nice he was, and how he was telling me what they were going to do and how they were going to do it. The staff was really good! They were really nice, and they helped me a lot, because they were there so that way, they could calm me down if anything happened. They were just really nice and fun to be with. The recovery was really quick, and it was pretty good, because after I recovered, they sent something in the mail that said, “Hopefully, you recovered fast,” and they appreciated me being there with them, and it was really nice."
Maggie Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Hi, my name is Maggie, and I live in West Linn, Oregon. I have had one dental implant, and I’m working on a second one with Dr. Lieblick. When I first was recommended to him by my dentist, I was a little bit nervous about the whole process – it seemed very detailed, and the thought of putting a screw in my jaw didn’t appeal to me. The whole procedure was very easy, very comfortable. I had very little pain, and hence, the second time I needed one, I went back to the same office. Dr. Lieblick and the staff were very supportive. They answered all of my questions, especially the first time around when I was fairly concerned about what was going on. I really appreciated the phone call the day of the surgery, that evening, from Dr. Lieblick, just asking how I was doing. On several occasions, even the second time around, I had to call the staff for questions, and they were always very kind and patient to answer my concerns. I would highly recommend Beacon Oral Surgeons to any of my friends. I have a couple friends both in Oregon City and West Linn that I would recommend and have recommended the office to."
Mason Reviews His General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"My name’s Mason, and I’m from Washougal in Washington. I came to Beacon to get my tooth pulled out. My mom is a(n) assistant here. The team made me feel really comfortable. I didn’t feel a thing when they pulled my tooth out. If I had a friend that needed to get their tooth pulled, I would tell them to come here. It’s a cool place, and they do a great job. I give Beacon two thumbs up."
Experience Outstanding Oral Surgery Care
Prepare for your first visit, learn about our services, and more.