General Tooth Extractions
Safe and Easy Tooth Removal To Protect Oral Health
General Tooth Extractions
Safe and Easy Tooth Removal To Protect Oral Health
Adult teeth are meant to last a lifetime, but injury, disease, or orthodontic reasons may require a tooth be extracted. The board-certified oral surgeons at Beacon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons regularly perform safe and comfortable dental extractions at all of our offices located in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA.
Reasons for Needing a Tooth Extracted
When teeth become damaged by decay or break down due to trauma or wear, they can sometimes be restored with a filling, root canal, or crown. When the damage is too great, your dentist may refer you to an oral surgeon to have the tooth removed. Most tooth extractions can be performed in one surgical visit. Prior to your surgical appointment, you will meet with Dr. Lieblick or Dr. Rehrer, who will take 3D scans of your mouth and discuss your options for anesthesia.
Some common reasons that a tooth may need to be extracted include:
- Infection and decay. If a tooth is decayed, it is important to have it treated in the early stages when it can be repaired with a dental filling. If left untreated, decay continues to grow and affect the integrity of your tooth, which may require root canal therapy, a crown, or extraction.
- Loose teeth. Many patients are affected by periodontal or gum disease. When left untreated, periodontal disease may cause teeth to shift, become loose, or lead to serious infection.
- Crowding. There are times when seemingly healthy teeth need to be removed. When a young patient retains their baby teeth for too long, the dentist may recommend they be removed to aid the eruption of permanent teeth. Occasionally we are born with too many teeth, or our mouth is too small for all the teeth we have. In these instances, your orthodontist may recommend that a tooth be removed.
- Facial trauma. Teeth may be fractured or broken due to an accident. If there isn’t enough structure remaining for a filling or crown, your dentist may recommend that the rest of the tooth be removed.
When you visit Beacon Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons at our office in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA, Dr. Lieblick and Dr. Rehrer will perform an examination to assess your oral health. Our staff will take 3D scans of your mouth to get a detailed look at your teeth and bone structure. Many patients are comfortable with only local anesthesia during an extraction, but we offer many anesthesia and sedation options to choose from.
Learn About Tooth Restorations Options in Gresham, The Dalles, Milwaukie, OR, and Camas, WA
Tooth Replacement Options After Extraction
You have options for restoring your tooth after it has been extracted. We will discuss all of your tooth restoration options with you before your surgical appointment.
- Dental Implants. A dental implant fuses to the jaw bone, replicating the appearance, function, and health benefits of a natural tooth.
- Full-Arch Restoration. If many teeth were extracted, or you are in need of a complete new set of teeth, we can use as few as four dental implant posts to support a fixed denture.
- No Replacement. If you do not replace a missing tooth, the jaw bone will deteriorate over time due to lack of stimulation. This can cause other teeth to shift out of position and result in sagging facial features.
Types of Anesthesia
We offer several options for anesthesia to make your experience as comfortable as possible.
Hear From General Tooth Extractions Patients
These patients can tell you about the firsthand experience undergoing general tooth extractions at our office.
Reviews From Our General Tooth Extractions Patients
Bobby Reviews His General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"My name's Bobby; I'm from The Dalles, Oregon. I just had tooth pain. I broke my tooth in half. I was really nervous to go see Dr. Rehrer because my last tooth extraction was very painful. They were just really nice and made me comfortable. Dr. Rehrer—he was nice. He was good at what he did. The procedure was really fast; it took about five minutes. There was less pain—it didn't really hurt. It just was great. I would definitely recommend Dr. Rehrer if anybody needed their tooth extracted. If any of my friends ever needed their tooth extracted, I recommend Dr. Rehrer because he's great."
Lynne Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"My name is Lynne, I’m from St. Helens, Oregon, and I came to Beacon Oral Surgeons for two dental implants. The team was fantastic. Everyone was very friendly and very kind and thoughtful. Dr. Lieblick was very professional. He came in, he extracted them, he put in the implants—it was magic. I absolutely could not believe how amazing the appointment was. I experienced no pain whatsoever. They are very permanent, they’re very secure, and they look great. I feel fantastic. If anyone is considering having dental implants, I would recommend Dr. Lieblick here in Vancouver. I drove all the way from St. Helens, Oregon, just so I could see him."
Ryan Reviews His General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"My name is Ryan; I live in Camas, Washington, and my son came into Beacon Oral Surgeons for a tooth extraction. We’d had several friends of ours that referred us to Beacon Oral Surgeons. We enjoyed working with the staff, and the doctors were very professional. Dr. Rehrer at Beacon Oral Surgeons is awesome. He was very patient with us, and we enjoyed his personality. My son Ryker felt very comfortable here. He was obviously scared about going into surgery for his tooth extraction, but the doctors joked around with him, enjoyed the time with him, explained how the procedure was going to go forward. Our experience with the team at Beacon Oral Surgeons was phenomenal. My son was very comfortable here. They kept us informed during the whole procedure, so we weren’t in the dark. I wouldn’t hesitate to bring our family and refer any of our friends to Dr. Rehrer because we highly trust him."
Naomi Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Hi, my name is Naomi. I live in Oregon City, and I came to Beacon Oral Surgeons to have some teeth extracted for my braces. The day that I came in for my procedure to have my teeth extracted, I was a little nervous, and once I got in the room and they started the procedure, they walked me through things before it started, and it made me calm my nerves a little bit and I wasn’t as nervous. Then, just throughout it, it went really well. During my recovery, I recovered really quickly, and they called and checked in and made sure everything was going well. I have friends that live in Redland, Beaver Creek, Clackamas, Molalla area, and I would always recommend them to come to Beacon Oral Surgeons for any teeth procedures that they would need."
Avery Reviews Her General Tooth Extractions Procedure
"Hi, my name is Avery. Recently, in December, I just got braces, and I had a tooth that was growing crooked, and I had to get surgery on it. When I came into Dr. Rehrer’s office, all the ladies there were so nice. They told me everything that was going to happen, and that everything was going to be fine. When I got in there, they gave me a blanket and made me feel really comfortable. They gave me a little goodie bag of – they gave me a little shake so that I could easily just drink it after my procedure, and they gave me a pain medicine so the pain could go down and wouldn’t hurt that much. Everything was fine after that. I slept good, and I was great the next morning. Dr. Rehrer was really friendly and nice, and he just felt like he was going to be a really good doctor, and he was. I really liked him!"
Experience Outstanding Oral Surgery Care
Prepare for your first visit, learn about our services, and more.